Monday, August 19, 2013

Wounded by Jasinda Wilder Review

Description:
War has taken everything from me. My family. My home. My innocence. In a country blasted by war and wracked by economic hardship, a young orphan girl like me has very few options when it comes to survival. Thus, I do what I must to live, to eat, and I try very hard to not consider the cost to my soul. My heart is empty, and my existence brutal.

The one impossibility in my life is love.

And then I meet HIM.

War is hell. It takes a chunk out of a man's very soul to do the kinds of things war demands of you. You live with fear, you live with guilt, and you live with nightmares. If you haven't been through it, there's no understanding it. War leaves no room for love, no room for tenderness or softness. You gotta be hard, closed off, and ready to fight every moment of every day. Lose focus for a split second, and you're dead.

Now the only thing that can save me is HER.
 
My Thoughts:
If you want a fiction book with strings of reality this one is for you...
4.5/5 Stars
 
Once I started reading I couldn't stop. This was a great book that portrayed real situations.
 
     The book starts with a young girl (Rania) losing her home and family members during the war. As she grows, she struggles with a food shortage and is starving. She heads to the local soldiers and asks for food and of course they ask for something in return. She never would have guessed her body would be the key to overcoming starvation. The men have different personalities and some even hurt her.
 
When she finds a wounded American soldier (Hunter) ... feelings arise and a friendship is formed.  She takes care of him while he protects her. He is not happy about her profession and continuously tries to change her mind. When things become dangerous Hunter takes manners into his own hands. Will they escape and live happily ever after??

Wow! I was shocked by the situations in this book, but I also know that things like this happen everyday. 

The Author did a great job writing an emotional, yet SEXY read. I loved Hunter & Rania and pushed for them to be together throughout the entire book.
 
Family and cultures play a huge role in this book. The Author describes the characters carefully and she did wonderful!
 
The ending was so unique. You all need to read this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment