Monday, December 22, 2014

Natural Love by S. Celi

My whole life, I wanted one thing: to be the perfect son.

Growing up, I did everything my father required. Straight A’s in school. Perfect manners. I forced myself to live up to his standards--standards that pushed the Chadwick family name to the highest rungs of society.

Over the years, we climbed so high that my father hoped we’d never fall.

If only he’d been right. With each successful year, the Chadwick family skeletons grew bolder and darker. Every lie threatened to undo us.

The secret Avery Jackson and I shared was the worst one of all.

She was the one person I shouldn’t love--the one person I couldn’t love. But I did. I loved Avery Jackson. I wanted her, even though a romance with her threatened everything.

It all felt so natural.

And that was exactly the problem.


Amazon Link- 
 http://amzn.to/1sSzIMr
 
My Thoughts:
4/5 Stars
 
I sat down to read this one and found myself so consumed that I ended up reading the whole book in one sitting. Forbidden romances are my favorite and this one did not disappoint. 
  
Avery & Spencer come from a well known, wealthy family. They are taught to always present themselves in a respectable manner and never let others see their flaws. Most importantly though, they are step siblings tangled in a forbidden romance. They know that their attraction towards one another is wrong, but their emotions take over and rules get broken.
 
The story is told from Spencer's perspective and while I'm not a huge fan of the male's POV, it worked wonders in this story. I found myself intrigued by his thoughts and feelings. He is so torn, yet so dead set on what his heart truly wants. He tries to keep Avery at arm's length for a while, but slowly gives in to temptation. Their romance is forbidden so obviously it is passionate, secretive, romantic, and suspenseful. I was just waiting for them to get caught and have to explain what really was going on.
 
While I enjoyed this book a lot I would have loved to see the story unfold quicker... The secrets to be revealed and the intense ending we got to go into more detail so we could really feel the emotion. I felt as though it was hard to connect because a huge plot point occurs then we are left with just one chapter to wrap it all up. I definitely think this had major potential to be an emotional, heart wrenching ending that left me thinking HOLY 5 stars, but sadly I was left thinking, What? That's all we get?

All in all, I definitely recommend this book to everyone who believes that love can surpass all.


No comments:

Post a Comment