Sunday, January 11, 2015

YOU by Caroline Kepnes Review

Love hurts...

When aspiring writer Guinevere Beck strides into the East Village bookstore where Joe works, he’s instantly smitten. Beck is everything Joe has ever wanted: She’s gorgeous, tough, razor-smart, and as sexy as his wildest dreams.

Beck doesn’t know it yet, but she’s perfect for him, and soon she can’t resist her feelings for a guy who seems custom made for her. But there’s more to Joe than Beck realizes, and much more to Beck than her oh-so-perfect façade. Their mutual obsession quickly spirals into a whirlwind of deadly consequences . . .

A chilling account of unrelenting passion, Caroline Kepnes’s You is a perversely romantic thriller that’s more dangerously clever than any you’ve read before.




MY THOUGHTS:
5/5 Stars


Let's talk about the book that left me feeling like I was slowly, seductively, and intricately mind f*cked.
 
I didn't know what to expect when I picked up this book, but with all the hype around it, I had to give it a read. Boy am I glad that I did, because this story was like no other.
Was it a romance? Kind of, but not really. It's basically a thriller that centers around obsession.

There is a guy that is infatuated with a girl. He makes her life his. He steals her phone and begins to control her life from the outside.  When he places himself in her life intimately things take a dangerous turn. Nothing will stop him from what he wants. He kills for her and eventually the danger spins out of control. The ending was not what I expected, but it was an ending that leaves you thinking "Damn, this Author is gooood."

What I liked most about this book is the fact that it's not a one and done. You don't sit down and devour it in one day. It's a detailed, thought provoking book that makes you want to take your time to savor and comprehend all that's happening. It's a book that you do not skim. Each page has a purpose and each gritty word has meaning.

I loved it and really hope that there is another book about Joe. Even though he was a messed up sicko... In some twisted way, I liked him. I enjoyed being in his cryptic mind and I devoured his story one murder at a time.

I highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a read that brings more than hearts and flowers to the table.

No comments:

Post a Comment