Friday, April 24, 2015

Do Not Disturb by A.R. Torre

Equal parts Dexter and 50 Shades, this is the eagerly awaited follow-up to the award winning erotic thriller, The Girl in 6E, by A.R. Torre.
My rules:
1. Don't leave the apartment.
2. Never let anyone in.
3. Don't kill anyone.
The rules were simple and I broke them.
Now I must face the consequences.
Everyone else must face me.

 
MY THOUGHTS:
5/5 Stars
A.R. Torre did it again... Another heart racing read that was packed with sexy and suspense.
 
Do Not Disturb continues where the first book left off. Deanna is feeling different though... Almost, free. She starts pushing the limits and even gives in to temptation and leaves the apartment. Her doctor doesn't think it's a good idea, but hell what does he know... When she meets a new customer that pushes the limits, her world begins to slowly turn upside down. He wants to meet in person and she wants nothing to do with it. What she doesn't know is Marcus is dangerous and doesn't take no very well. He sets out to uncover all of Deanna's secrets and in the end comes face to face with the devil herself.
 
Gosh, this is my go-to Author for obvious reasons. Her writing is raw and intense. It captures a reader's attention and slowly and intricately weaves into their mind.... consuming and controlling with dark erotic words. I loved this book so much. While it was similar to book one, it brought a unique twist that made you feel like you were meeting Deanna for the first time. She was different in this book... Still a bad ass, but also a tad softer in a hard way? If that makes any sense... Her attitude was still dark, but her feelings were gray. Jeremy has rooted in her heart and even her hacker seems to pull out emotion. It really added to her character and made me love her even more.
 
Now, let me say erotica is not my preferred genre, but A.R. knows how to write sex scenes that make us think. Each seductive word is meant to manipulate. If I could... I would unread this series just so I could start it again for the first time. It was truly that good!
Highly recommend it to all readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment