Friday, November 13, 2015

Life and Death: Twilight Reimagined by Stephenie Meyer

Celebrate the tenth anniversary of Twilight! This special double-feature book includes the classic novel, Twilight, and a bold and surprising reimagining, Life and Death, by Stephenie Meyer.
Packaged as an oversize, jacketed hardcover “flip book,” this edition features nearly 400 pages of new content as well as exquisite new back cover art. Readers will relish experiencing the deeply romantic and extraordinarily suspenseful love story of Bella and Edward through fresh eyes.
Twilight has enraptured millions of readers since its first publication in 2005 and has become a modern classic, redefining genres within young adult literature and inspiring a phenomenon that has had readers yearning for more. The novel was a #1 New York Times bestseller, a #1 USA Today bestseller, a Time magazine Best Young Adult Book of All Time, an NPR Best-Ever Teen Novel, and a New York Times Editor’s Choice. The Twilight Saga, which also includes New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella, and The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide, has sold nearly 155 million copies worldwide.
 

MY REVIEW:
4.5/5 Stars
 
I was one of the many curious people that picked this one up based solely on my Twilight love. I wasn't sure what to think of a gender swap, but I went in with an open heart and came out with it full of love. I was afraid this story would taint my obsession with the series, but surprisingly it just enhanced it. I fell in love with the new personalities and loved the alternate ending.

I'm not sure why this book is getting such hateful remarks. The Author was up front about what to expect and while it was the same plot, there were small tweaks that brought a new feel to the story. There was also a complete different ending. It was emotional for me... I didn't see it coming and my heart broke a little bit.

Overall, I really enjoyed this story and I applaud the Author for following her heart. She wanted to write about Beau and Edythe and I thank her for doing it. I loved the new take on Twilight and definitely recommend it to all readers!

*Advice* Go in with the idea that this is a new story. Don't try to match old characters to new ones. The Cullens were a huge pain to match up so about halfway I said forget it and just treated them as new characters. It helped reduce confusion and made the book even more enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment