Thursday, August 4, 2016

Drawn To You by Lily Summers


No one knows my story. No one knows what happened. I'm barely holding on.

I'm more than ready to lose myself and keep my secret buried.

Then Ezra finds me. A tagger with a raw talent, he fills the city with his art, splashing color across Portland's grey skies. A ghostly woman in the depths of the ocean, a boy preyed upon by shadows -- everything he creates touches my soul. Authentic and raw, his work grounds me. Magnetic and brave, he heals me.

Ezra is everything I need; he's everything I don't deserve. 

I never imagined I'd meet a man like him... or that he'd rip my darkest secret out of me.

All I want is to fade away.

Why won't he just let me?

Drawn To You is a heart-wrenching debut about love, art, and a passion that brings color to the darkness. It's an angst filled romance about the lengths we go to remember and the love we can never forget.

**This is a standalone new adult romance novel**

MY THOUGHTS:
4/5 Stars

Do you like NA? Have a thing for artsy books? Then this one is for you!
Drawn To You tells a story of raw emotion and soul connecting romance... There was lust, angst, secrets, and swoon worthy intimacy. It circled around hope and forgiveness and had a strong artsy foundation. It was a tragic story with a beautiful outcome...

Let me just say that NA is not my favorite genre. It tends to be very generic and often times has repetitive plots and similar themes. This one was different though... I felt a unique premise that led with an emotional punch. The art focus made this book stand out. I could visually see the paintings in my mind. Each brush stroke, every color contrast... The paint exposed inner feelings and a romantic connection. Mia and Ezra communicated through paint. Together they used colors of forgiveness to paint over their inner darkness. It was truly a beautiful story with amazing depth.

Wondering why it didn't get 5 stars? Well... some of the descriptions were a tad over the top. It's first person so we get Mia's every thoughts. That means we get cheesy descriptions of how perfect Ezra is. At times it was just too much. Other than that I enjoyed the story and would definitely recommend it to others. It was fast paced and left a lasting impression. I applaud the author for creating such an artsy whirlwind of a romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment