Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Milk & Honey by Rupi Kaur


milk and honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival. It is about the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity. It is split into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose, deals with a different pain, heals a different heartache. milk and honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look. 


MY THOUGHTS:
4/5 STARS


If you are thinking about reading this book I'd recommend skipping the first part ... For me, I instantly became meh and confused. That part was so scattered and disconnected that I almost didn't continue...


However, I'm so glad that I did because I fell in love with the rest. I really related to the breaking part and it opened my eyes to a new perspective. It helped me appreciate the flaws and made me happy I experienced such turmoil. It pulled out emotion and also filled me with inspiration. I think all who have experienced a bad break up will definitely find solace in the pages.



Overall, I definitely recommend it to readers searching for a word hug. Let this story be a lesson or guidance or just reassurance that no matter what happens you can always overcome it.

No comments:

Post a Comment