Friday, April 25, 2014

Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan Review

 
Emma’s struggle with an abusive home life came to a heart pounding conclusion in the final chapters of "Reason to Breathe". Now everyone in Weslyn knows Emma’s secret, but Carol can’t hurt Emma anymore. Some are still haunted by the horror of that night, and some must face the repercussions of their choices. Fans of Rebecca Donovan’s debut novel will discover there’s still much to learn about Emma’s life.


My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars
 
I loved this book even more than I loved the first.
It was raw and emotional, just like I like it.
 
Emma is still trying to recover from the abuse she suffered while living with her Uncle & Aunt.
She decides it is best to move in with her Mother and give it a chance. Too bad she is an addict. Her Mother drinks and comes home to berate Emma any way she can. She blames her for her Fathers death and judges her relationship with Johnathan (Her Mother's Boyfriend).
 
Evan is trying to make mends and keep her, but she is slowly slipping through his fingertips.
The closer she becomes with Johnathan, the better she feels. They discuss there brutal pasts and face their fears head on. I LOVED Johnathon. I wanted an HEA with them. He was edgy, dangerous, hot, kind, and everything that makes a good book boyfriend.
 
The emotion in this book can be felt by just reading it. My heart ached for Emma and I just wanted her Mother out of the picture.

I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment