Saturday, October 4, 2014

Bang by E.K. Blair Review

They say when you take revenge against another you lose a part of your innocence.
But I’m not innocent.
I haven’t been for a very long time.
My innocence was stolen from me. Taken was the life I was supposed to have. The soul I was born with. The ruby heart embedded in a life full of hopes and dreams.

Gone.
Vanished.
I never even had a choice.
I mourn that life. Mourn the what-ifs.
Until now.
I’m ready to take back what was always meant to be mine.

But every plan has a fatal flaw. Sometimes it’s the heart.

**Due to the dark and explicit nature of this book, it is recommended for mature audiences only.*
 
AMAZON LINK: http://amzn.to/1xas82P
 
My Thoughts:
4/5 Stars

 
I truly do not know where to begin with this review...
I finished last night and my mind is still conflicted.
It was a love/hate relationship for me.
 
The Love.... Was the writing. The Author is very talented at writing an intricate story with just the right amount of details. BANG was fast paced and intriguing. The secrets were revealed slowly, but there were enough of them to keep you sucked into the story.
 
I appreciate the mind f the book provided. The characters were all a whirlwind of messed up. Each one had their own demons and each one dealt with them a different way. Pain was the mutual conclusion... They all craved revenge and they didn't know it at the time, but they were all pawns in one another's game.
 
The Hate... Nina was annoying, self centered, and a complete manipulative train wreck. I understand she went through a tough child life, but it was so hard to read about her using and abusing people. I hated being inside her messed up head. It made me bitter and quite frankly put me in a bad mood.
 
The subject matter was also touchy for me. I have an open mind and usually can read about all different tough circumstances, but there were some parts in this book that left me closing the book mumbling I am done. Of course, I always picked it back up and started again... but WOW! I don't know how the Author wrote some of those scenes.
 
All in all I think that this book was an intense, suspenseful mind twist that will leave readers wanting more at the end. I know when I read the last word I was thinking No, this can't be the end!
I applaud the Author for taking on such a crazy plot and making it her own...

No comments:

Post a Comment