Monday, March 30, 2015

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers.

To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from The Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change.

Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of
those she hates the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control.

But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?
 
 
AMAZON LINK - http://amzn.to/1BFpORf
 
 
MY THOUGHTS:
4.5/5 Stars

A mix between The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and Mystic City by Theo Lawrence...

I truly believe that this series will be the next craze. I haven't heard anything about a movie yet, but I will be waiting impatiently to hear those magic words. It definitely deserves it! The book was fast paced and all consuming. The Author transports us to a unique world and paints vivid pictures in our mind. It's almost as if the words are crawling off the pages right in front of our eyes. The plot wasn't always pretty, but the ugly is what created a magnificent story.
 
Red Queen was one of those books that just sucks you in from page one. I found myself addicted to the words and struggling with closing the book at a normal hour. I craved the ending and holy crap! I never expected such a huge plot twist. Can you say palm on head, jaw on the floor reaction? It was an epic betrayal and a total mind blower. I was mad, but it made the story that much better.
 
Overall, I recommend this book to readers of all ages. I applaud the Author and desperately beg for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment