Friday, September 20, 2013

Looking for a weekend read???

Looking for a cheap read this weekend???
Check out these books that are .99
 

Karma by Nikki Sex
 
Sometimes love has nothing to do with luck, and everything to do with karma…

Marcy Paget worked full-time putting her husband through University. When he finally became a success, he dumped her for a trophy wife more than ten years younger, leaving Marcy to raise their four year old daughter on her own.

Even though Marcy knows she is better off alone than with a cheating husband who doesn't love her, she is still struggling to make ends meet.

When an ethical dilemma presents itself she makes a choice - never realizing the incredible karmic chain of events that will follow her decision. . .


 
 
Trust in Me (Friends & Lovers Trilogy) by Bethany Lopez
 
Winner of the Bronze Medal for The 2013 Reader’s Favorite International Book Awards for Contemporary Romance!

Roni’s dreams of becoming a contemporary dancer were smashed under the brutal rage of her ex-husband's fists. Getting divorced and starting over at the age of twenty-two was never her plan, but maybe in Texas, she'll find her path. When the town's local player, Rich, opens a Rec Center, she sees a way to rekindle her dancing dreams...and maybe have a little fun with her sexy new boss.

Rich never expected to fulfill his dreams in the town he planned to leave behind, but that's just what he's doing. His reputation as a noncommittal ladies' man might make it challenging to earn respect in the business world, but he's willing to prove that he's serious. In fact, when it comes to pursuing Roni, he's more than willing. But she's taking a page out of his book, not wanting to risk another relationship. Can he convince her that his playboy days are over and that she can trust him with her heart?
 
 

 
 
Ruined by Rachel Hanna

Ruined is a New Adult novel full of romance, angst and tons of emotion!

Willow Blake has a secret. A big one. And when she and her mother move cross country to protect that secret, her guard is up to protect her heart.
When she meets handsome Reed Miller, she feels her walls start tumbling down and the fear is overwhelming. If he finds out her secret, will he hate her forever?
Just when she thinks things are settling down, a new house guest makes her second guess everything she knows to be true about who she is and what she wants.
Caught between her past life and her new one - and two sexy men - will choose to be alone or fight for her own happiness?
A Sample of RUINED
June, 2008
I cracked my knuckles, which is an awful habit, as I sat in the back of the police cruiser. I'd never been in a police car, and I made myself a vow that this would be the one and only time I ever would. I felt something sticky as I ran the fingers on my right hand across my left hand. Blood. Wishing I had access to a bathroom or at least a wet cloth, I opted instead to sit on my hands. Out of sight, out of mind. At least that was the goal, but it didn't work.
How did this happen? Shock consumed me over and over again. Regret. Guilt. Anger. Sadness. A flurry of emotions threatened to overwhelm me for the tenth time that night. Choking back another set of sobs, I slowly pulled out my hands, completely numb from sitting on them, and stared at them through the flickering lights of the two police cars. The blood was dry and caked onto my hands. The image would forever be burned into my mind. A lot of images would forever be burned into my mind. There would be no escape for me. A wall slowly crept up around me, and I knew that no one would ever be able to climb over it.
Off in the distance, I could see my distraught mother talking to a police officer on the stoop of our formerly cohesive family home. She had her arms pulled around her, as if she was hugging herself for comfort. I'd only seen her do that one other time, and it was when Grandpa died three years ago. I could see her tear stained face, and I could feel my own tears returning to sting my eyes once again. When would the tears stop? Surely a person could get dehydrated from crying, and if that was true I was in medical trouble soon.

As I watched her, I felt my mind become detached from my body as if I was watching a terrible movie with an awful ending. I could see an invisible but immensely strong wall being erected between my mother and myself. How would she ever look at me again? She would surely regret the day I was ever born, and I couldn't blame her.
I saw my mother glance at the police car that now housed her one and only child, and the grief that rocketed through her face was palpable. Her smart, popular fifteen year old daughter was locked in a police car and there was nothing she could do about it. I wasn't even sure she ever wanted to see me again.
 
 

 
Octavian's Undoing by Airicka Phoenix
 
(New Adult, contains language and sexual content. 18+)

No good deed goes unpunished.

Riley Masters learns this the hard way when she finds a wallet and decides to do the right thing. But returning it will cost her much more than she bargains for.

Abandoned by her mother, raised by an indifferent father, Riley has accepted the fact that she would be alone always. She has no idea that a single act of kindness would propel her into a world where creatures that shouldn’t exist guard the human race from the demons that lurk in the shadows. That it will cost her the lives of those she loves while unearthing a destiny she never imagined with a man who is forbidden to love her. She finds passion, romance and the family she’d been searching for her entire life, but at what cost and what is she willing to sacrifice to find answers and happiness?

Octavian Maxwell has always known his place. He is a Caster, a Son of Judgment. His job is to protect the mortal world from the creatures plotting to destroy it. Instead, his world is shattered when a human girl walks into Final Judgment, a girl he has been searching for his entire life, a girl he is forbidden to ever touch. Being with her will break the oath he’s sworn to never love a mortal. But his heart has already found its mate and it refuses to let go.

Final Judgment… a place undetected, a gateway to evil and a legend that will undo everything anyone has ever known about our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment