Saturday, May 23, 2015

Comfort Food by Kitty Thomas Review

Emily Vargas has been taken captive. As part of his conditioning methods, her captor refuses to speak to her, knowing how much she craves human contact. He's far too beautiful to be a monster. Combined with his lack of violence toward her, this has her walking a fine line at the edge of sanity.

Told in the first person from Emily's perspective, Comfort Food explores what happens when all expectations of pleasure and pain are turned upside down, as whips become comfort and chicken soup becomes punishment.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a story about consensual BDSM. This is a story about “actual” slavery. If reading an erotic story without safewords makes you uncomfortable, this is not the book for you. This is a work of fiction, and the author does not endorse or condone any behavior done to another human being without their consent.
  
 
AMAZON LINK: http://amzn.to/1KrNT7w

MY THOUGHTS:
3/5 Stars

I have mixed feelings on this one... It definitely was not what I expected. I thought it would be way darker than it was. While there were some graphic scenes... They were all consensual. The master left it to the female lead to decide how she would be treated. For me, it was a tad too bland. Yeah, it had the creepy feel and yeah, it kept me guessing, but it didn't quite pull me in and make me feel glued to the pages.
 
The beginning was good, but the middle parts were boring. I actually skimmed and thought about not finishing, but I am happy that I continued on because the ending was worthy of 5 stars. The twist was surprising and the story became quite addicting. Unfortunately, it picked up when the story was about to end. If the whole book was written from the master's POV, I would have given it 5 stars. I loved his journal entries!
 
Overall, It had it's high and lows. If you like the master/dom reads... You will love this one, but if you like your books dark and gritty with lots of angst... I would pass on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment