Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Fisher's Light by Tara Sivec Review

Fisher,
I guess this is it, huh? After fourteen years together, starting a life of our own on this island, five deployments and countless letters I’ve written you through it all, I finally go out to the mailbox and see something I’ve always dreamed of: an envelope with your handwriting on it. For one moment, I actually thought you’d changed your mind, that all the awful things you said to me were just your way of coping after everything you’d been through. I was still here, Fisher. I was still here, holding my breath, waiting for you to come back even though you told me you never would. You always said you’d find your way back to me. Out of all the lies you’ve told me, this one hurts the most.

Enclosed you will find the signed divorce papers, as requested.
I hope you find what you’re looking for. I’m sorry it wasn’t me.
Lucy


To get the ending they want, Lucy and Fisher will have to go back to the beginning. Through the good and the bad, they’ll be reminded of why they always made their way back to each other, and why this time, one way or another, it will be the last time.


AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/1bycubE


MY THOUGHTS:
4.5/5 Stars

Fisher's Light was filled with raw emotion and utter beauty. It reminded me of a Nicholas Sparks book because the flow was flawless. It was easy to fall into Fisher's Island and feel like a new resident. We are taken on a journey through the past and left to hold onto the words of the future. It's about a second chance at love and the intense battle of PTSD. It's not always an easy read, but in the end I found myself quite satisfied with how everything turned out.
 
The Author did a wonderful job at creating vivid pictures in our mind. Each detail about the town displayed a beautiful painting and each deep, dark emotion the character felt was painfully portrayed. Fisher and Lucy have an intense connection and even after divorce they still are drawn to one another. It's not always pretty, but the love they share is something to be desired. I loved watching them reconnect and overcome the obstacles of life.
 
My only complaint would be that towards the end I felt that the emotional aspect was pushed aside for the sexual connection to be focus. I would have liked to see less sex even if that meant a shorter read.
 
Overall, this book was fantastic! I was captivated from the beginning and consumed long after the last page. My heart ached at the emotional parts and swooned at the romance. I loved how the lighthouse tied the story together like a beautiful bow.
I HIGHLY recommend this read!

No comments:

Post a Comment