Monday, August 25, 2014

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives--and the way they understand each other so completely--has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love. Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending
 
 
AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/1qGNhMT
 
 
My Thoughts:
5 HUGE STARS
 
Ummmm..... WOW!
I am left speechless after reading this one.
It has been two days and I am still trying to collect my thoughts. Forbidden was one of the most emotional, intense romances I've ever read about. The subject is touchy and at times makes you uncomfortable, but it's also what pulls you in. From the moment I devoured page one I was hooked. My fingers couldn't turn the pages quick enough and my heart swelled with emotions.
 
Lochan and Maya are living an unconventional life. They are left to fend for their younger siblings and while doing so they connect on a romantic level... Yes, I know it's a bit sick, but in some taboo way... It worked. My heart ached for all they dealt with. Between the worry of finances, the sorting out sibling drama, and maintaining their own school work... It's no wonder they looked to one another for comfort and security. As their relationship progressed behind closed doors the feelings became more prominent and they began to crave a more public affair.
 
Towards the end I started to draw my own conclusions, but nothing compared to the TRUE ending. Let me just say... the ending will gut you. Your heart will be ripped from your chest and stomped all over.
 
I honestly cannot recommend this book more. Immediately after finishing I wanted to pick it up and start a re-read... I remember looking at my husband and saying "This is a book I wish I could own 15 copies of". Absolutely amazing book that will give you butterflies and break your heart into a million tiny pieces.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment