Monday, August 25, 2014

Sempre Redemption by JM Darhower Review

In this thrilling and sexy follow-up to Sempre, two young lovers struggle to keep their relationship intact after they become deeply enmeshed in the dangerous mafia-run crime ring they once tried to overthrow.

Haven Antonelli and Carmine DeMarco have been through a lot. Haven was taken in by Carmine’s father, and with his family’s help, she escaped a gruesome fate. However, saving Haven from the dark intentions of a mafia family cost Carmine a steep price: he was forced to swear loyalty to them.

Now, still passionately in love, Carmine and Haven must face the fall-out of Carmine’s forced service, as Haven discovers terrifying secrets about the family that enslaved both her and her mother—and why she matters so much in this intricate web of lies.
 
AMAZON LINK- http://amzn.to/VKYPpX 
 
My Thoughts:
3.5/5 Stars
 
I enjoyed this book, but Sempre is still my favorite!
 
Even though this book follows the same characters, Haven & Carmine, they are separated for most of the book. We got to see Haven follow her dreams and Carmine live out his promise. All in all it was a suspenseful, emotional book packed with lots of twists and turns.
 
When Haven and Carmine reunited my heart filled with love and envy. I have always found their relationship intriguing and to see them back together made the book that much better.
 
Sempre captivated me, where this book fell short in that area. I would have liked to see more of the Haven/Carmine relationship and less of the dark suspense. 
 
I recommend this book to all readers, but for those who fell in love with timid Haven, be prepared... She is in the real world now. Her and Carmine are not together in this book and as much as I wanted to connect to it like I did book 1, I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment