Monday, August 11, 2014

My Skylar by Penelope Ward Review

From the author of the #1 bestselling romance, Jake Undone, comes a friends-to-lovers story of longing, passion, betrayal and redemption… Skylar was my best friend, but I secretly pined for her. One thing after another kept us apart, and I’ve spent the last decade in fear of losing her forever. First, it was the cancer, but she survived only to face the unthinkable at my hands. Because of me, she left town. For years, I thought I’d never see her again. But now she’s back…and living with him. I don’t deserve her after everything I’ve put her through, but I can’t live without her. This is my last chance because she’s about to make the biggest mistake of her life. I can see it her eyes: she doesn’t love him. She still loves me...which is why I have to stop her before it’s too late. My Skylar is a STANDALONE story and a companion to the novel, Jake Undone. This book is recommended for readers over the age of 18 due to strong language and explicit sexual content
My Thoughts:
5/5 Stars


Wow! What an unforgettable romance!
I fell in love with Skylar in Jake Undone and was so excited to hear she was getting her own book. The Author surely didn't disappoint. It was a beautiful, well written story about first love and heartbreak.
 
We get to see Skylar meet the one and only Mitch. We watch them connect as children, then as teens, and again in adulthood. Things aren't always perfect though. Struggles arise and feelings get hurt. One thing that remains the same is their love for one another.

This book was packed with words that pulled emotions out of me. I found myself invested in and consumed by the storyline. Even when I closed the book the characters remained on my mind.
 
I loved this book and highly recommend it to all readers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment