Saturday, November 2, 2013

Come Undone by Jessica Hawkins Review

Olivia Germaine has already found love. Devoted wife, loyal friend, determined career woman - she’s created the life she always envisioned.

But when Olivia locks eyes with a handsome stranger across a crowded room, he peers a little too closely and sees emotions she thought she’d buried long ago.

David Dylan, alleged playboy and eternal bachelor, challenges Olivia to confront the life she’s built and to make decisions that could either lead to happiness . . . or regret.

Will Olivia be able to draw the line between lust and love?

And can David respect that line
 
 
 
My Thoughts:
A great story with lots angst & romance.
4/5 Stars
 
This book is about a married woman (Olivia) who has a great job, loving husband, and strong friendships. She feels content in life until she sees sexy David across the room. After days of thinking about the mystery guy, she finally comes face to face with him. There is an instant connection and Olivia can't help but ask what it would be like to be with another man.
 
David knows he shouldn't feel the way he does, but he can't help it. Going back and forth between keeping his distance and not being able to get enough, he finally loses himself within the beautiful Olivia. Together the sparks fly and their romance is quite addicting.

I found myself intrigued by this book. I was in love with David and despised Bill (her husband). I honestly thought he was cheating, the way he was out of town all of the time. He was always pressuring Olivia, so I totally understand why she would have eyes for someone else.

I enjoyed this book a lot... I just wish there was more David and less friend time. The friend time reminded me of Sex & the City. Too many side stories and not enough of the main characters. There was however some suspense, which really added to the story.
I LOVE SOME DRAMA.

Overall this is a great read. I recommend it to mature readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment