Wednesday, November 6, 2013

MINE by Katy Evans Review


He's mine, and I'm his. Our love is all-consuming, powerful,
imperfect, and real...


In the international bestseller REAL, the unstoppable bad boy of the Underground fighting circuit finally met his match. Hired to keep him in prime condition, Brooke Dumas unleashed a primal desire in Remington "Riptide" Tate as vital as the air he breathes . . . and now he can't live without her.

Brooke never imagined she would end up with the man who is every woman's dream, but not all dreams end happily ever after, and just when they need each other the most, she is torn away from his side. Now with distance and darkness between them, the only thing left is to fight for the love of the man she calls MINE.



 

My Thoughts:
Okay let me start by saying REAL set the standards high and
unfortunately MINE did not outdo book 1.
 
3/5 Stars

 The beginning takes us back to where REAL left off. Remy and Brooke are back to traveling together and sharing tons of sexual moments. Shortly after though, an unexpected surprise takes place and leads Brooke to bed rest. Remy then travels alone and Brooke is left with her friends and her ipod. They miss one another like crazy and when Brooke is finally allowed to travel again it is time for the big fight with Scorpion. Remy has been on fire, but he is Black and everyone is worried about his safety. Did he win? Was he safe? Read it to see...

*SPOILERS*
This book was good don't get me wrong, but I felt the storyline was lacking. I loved the suspense and drama with Brooke and Remy traveling together.
 -I like the Jealousy and angst.
When Brooke got pregnant the whole mood of the book changed! She was put on bed rest at just a couple months into the pregnancy, which I felt was kind of far fetched and personally, the book was slow when Remy was traveling alone. We got friendship and family stories, but I wanted more Remy.
There was drama with scorpion at the beginning and I loved that part. I also loved the ending and all the fighting scenes. They were wrote fabulously.
The book fell short towards the middle though. When Nora went back to the Scorpion. I was like "Oh no! Here we go again." I wanted something different, not a replay of book 1.
I still love Remy and secretly I prefer him black. Shame on me -I know!
His craziness sucks me in and his broken side tugs at my heartstrings.
I definitely say give this book a try. Everyone has their preferences. I just wish this one left me feeling the way REAL did.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment